Chemical Process Specialist - Duxford
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Process Specialist to work within a manufacturing environment for a Materials (Composites) company that manufacture a range of industrial fabrics and materials. The Process Specialist will work on their site in Duxford on a permanent basis.
The primary responsibility of the Process Specialist will be to provide process support to Manufacturing in the specification, commissioning and developing of plant, processes and products, ensuring safe and economic operation.
Further responsibilities include:
- Developing methods for responding to process variability and a consistent rational to permanently correct, document and implement them.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to reduce manufacturing costs, improving product quality, at the same time reviewing the safety requirements.
- Introducing new products to the factory with a view towards optimisation of the process.
- Preparing standard data manuals for the preparation and maintenance of manufacturing standards. This allows the generation of bills of materials and routing for the factory manufactured products and maintenance of this part of the system.
- Liaising with both suppliers and customers (internal and external) in order to establish requirements and assist in the solving of problems.
- Preparing and maintaining plant operating instructions and to be involved in training.
- Preparing detailed equipment, acceptance and commissioning specifications for new and modified capital equipment and to validate performance prior to hand-over to Production.
As a Process Specialist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in Chemical Engineering or a related subject and experience in an appropriate manufacturing environment.
- Clear understanding of process risk and application of risk and hazard assessment tools (e.g. FMEA, HAZOP).
- Proven experience of problem solving in a manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies and tools (e.g. Six Sigma).
- Proven experience of data analysis and data driven problem solving.
For more information or to apply for the position of Process Specialist please contact Alex Tosney on 01246 457718 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been short listed for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC41101 in all correspondence.