Applications Engineer - Littlehampton
Emily Mills at CK Technical is recruiting for an Applications Engineer for our client who is committed to helping customers solve their engineering problems in a diverse range of applications and markets at their site in Littlehampton. This is a permanent position, with a salary of £40,000 - £45,000 on offer for the right candidate.
The Role: This is multi-dimensional and technical role with mixed responsibilities; including technical support and project management of several field trials and offer sales support. Applications and customer technical support for key OEMs, supporting customers trials and sales department, performing product improvement/development work in relation to field/customer feedback. This role is part of the Engineering team and reports to the Engineering Manager.
You will be responsible for:
- Customer's trial support, advice, supervision and management. Data analysis.
- Supporting the installation of products, occasionally travelling to visit sites in order to resolve technical issues.
- Providing technical solutions and troubleshoot reported issues on all product range.
- Being able to write technical documentation and reports.
- Working in conjunction with the Engineering team investigating unexpected product issues developed in the field.
- Performing controlled experiments reproducing field conditions in order to replicate issues that the customers may be facing.
- Be responsible for writing documentation and product test procedures.
Your background will be:
- Relevant Degree level qualification (Science/Engineering) and technical background.
- Knowledge of industrial communications and protocols.
- Experience with HMI (Human machine interfaces).
- Able to promptly reply to business-critical queries.
- Comfortable with off-site working in UK and overseas including vessels (typically commercial shipping).
- Previous hands-on experience of electro-mechanical applications/controls engineering is highly desirable.
- Team player and prepared to travel with short notice.
- Familiar with Application Engineering Roles.
- CAD design proficiency.
- Familiar with Electronics, Physics and software design/processes.
- Controls engineering experience (HMI and communication protocols).
For more information or to apply for the role please contact Emily Mills on 01246457710 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please click the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Engineers is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45314 in all correspondence.