CK Technical are recruiting for an Applications Scientist to join a pharmaceutical company at their UK site in Cambridge. This is a permanent role with a competitive salary on offer.
Our client's mission is to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution and application of advanced computational methods. A global company, they have investment in R&D, and continue to develop and refine their scientific platform. They are on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science.
This Applications Scientist role will be based at our client's site in Cambridge, located not far from the university. It is easily reachable from main transport links.
A competitive salary is on offer for this position.
Applications Scientist Role:
- Provide pre- and post-sales software support, which includes demonstration of optimal use of our life science software suites, facilitation of interactions between customers and product development teams, and providing general scientific guidance
- Engage in cutting edge scientific research, both internal and in collaboration with customers
Publish scientific papers and present at conferencesYour Background:
PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience in the commercial sector
- A solid understanding of the commercial drug discovery process
- Experience in one of the following is a plus: molecular dynamics simulations/enhanced sampling/free energy calculation methods, ligand-based drug design, chemoinformatics, quantum mechanics, and/or structural modeling
- Excellent language skills (great verbal and written English, with preferred proficiency in French or German)
- Python programming experience
- Willingness to travel
For more information or to apply for this Applications Scientist role, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47446 in all correspondence.