Bioengineer/ Project Engineer x4 - Leeds
CK Group is recruiting for 4 Bioengineers to join a company in the medical devices industry at their site based in Leeds on an initial 12 month contract basis.
The Company: Our client is a multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturing company who offer the worlds most comprehensive portfolio of orthopaedic and neuro products and services for joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neuro, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
The Location: The role is based at our client's state of the art R&D and production facility in Leeds. This site is a short distance from the M621 and is easily commutable on public transport as it is a short distance from Leeds city centre. The Role: Provide an appropriate level of innovative skill and knowledge in specific technical areas, which have been defined as major business opportunities or interests, and to assist in the creation products within these areas, which successfully meet customer and company needs. Contribute on the EU Medical Device Regulation transition program across the Joint Reconstruction business.
Key Duties include:
- Overall responsibility to Manager for the attainment of technical goals agreed in relation to project objectives with the appropriate level of guidance and within agreed deadlines.
- May be given responsibility for specifying product designs and influencing the choice of raw materials, processes and equipment necessary to develop and manufacture products.
- May be given responsibility as project lead for aspects of the overall program or maintenance of existing products.
- To provide cover as required for other Bioengineers.
- To adhere to the company's procedures as detailed in the SOP manual.
- Provide a world-class service to customers, both within and without R&D.
- Supporting regulatory submissions for existing products in strategic markets.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in engineering or science subject, with 4 years' experience in a relevant technical area. MSc/MEng/MBA is preferred.
- An understanding of commercial considerations and creative R&D ability is essential for the job holder.
- Good communication skills with people at all levels.
- Able to handle the demands of a focused product development group.
As R&D competency model and specifically:
- Engineering design, development and analysis skills.
- Communication and presentation skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Heather on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45246 in all correspondence.