Bioengineer in Leeds
Jenni at CK Group is recruiting for a Bioengineer to join a company in the medical devices industry at their site based in Leeds on an initial 12 month contract basis.
The Company: Our client is a multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturing company who offer the worlds most comprehensive portfolio of orthopaedic and neuro products and services for joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neuro, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
The Location: The role is based at our client's state of the art R&D and production facility in Leeds. This site is a short distance from the M621 and is easily commutable on public transport as it is a short distance from Leeds city centre.
The Role: Key duties include:
- To have overall responsibility to his/her Manager for the attainment of technical goals agreed in relation to project objectives with the appropriate level of guidance and within agreed deadlines. May be given responsibility for specifying product designs and influencing the choice of raw materials, processes and equipment necessary to develop and manufacture products.
- May be given responsibility as Project Leader for new product introduction or other types of development project.
- To provide cover as required for other Bioengineers.
- To adhere to the company's procedures as detailed in the SOP manual.
- Provide a world-class service to customers, both within and without R&D.
- Participate in qualitative research, often face-to-face with customers and users, to develop the company's understanding of the customer's view of our product and service offerings.
- Ensuring that the participants are aware of their legal obligations under HCC and Nondisclosure; and that they acknowledged, when appropriate, that no fees are to be paid for their service.
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in engineering subject, with 18 months experience in a relevant technical area. MSc or PhD in a relevant scientific subject is preferred.
- An understanding of commercial considerations and creative R&D ability is essential for the job holder.
- An understanding of the regulatory environment of the medical devices area would be of benefit.
- Good communication skills with people at all levels.
- Mentally strong to handle the demands of a focused product development group.
- As R&D competency model and specifically:
- Engineering design, development and analysis skills
- Communication and presentation skills
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jenni on 01438 768 710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA44395 in all correspondence.