Biomechanics Test Engineer
CK Group is recruiting for a Biomechanics Test Engineer to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Leeds on a contract basis for 12 months.
Our client is a multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturing company who offer the worlds most comprehensive portfolio of orthopaedic and neuro products and services for joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neuro, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
The role is based at our client's state of the art R&D and production facility in Leeds. This site is a short distance from the M621 and is easily commutable on public transport as it is a short distance from Leeds city centre.
This role will be responsible for translating biomechanical scenarios into complex tribological test procedures via undertaking complex mechanical/numerical analysis and product functional testing. The successful candidate will undertake complex in vitro simulation testing on laboratory equipment, having a hands on approach.
- Create technical reports and contribute to peer reviewed publications
- Generate test procedures in line with company/international procedures/specific country requirements data required for the design verification section of the product development files
- Develop and design company related systems and procedures including interdepartmental procedures, for example, create and implement Engineering Change Instructions/ materials specifications, SOPs/ SMTs
- Undertake relatively complex technical and departmental projects including the introduction of new test equipment to the company requirements of validation/Management of Change.
- Foster, develop and co-ordinate external links, relationships, partnerships and strategic alliances with academic institutes, technical specialists and associated industry
To succeed in this role you will have a background in mechanical/materials/forensic or bioengineering engineering as well as working experience in the medical devices industry. You will possess a thorough understanding of the product development process for medical devices, have excellent communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natasha on 01246 457739 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46506 in all correspondence.