Biomechanics Test Engineer
CK Group is recruiting for a Biomechanics Test Engineer to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Leeds on a contract basis for 12 months.
Our client is a multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturing company who offer the worlds most comprehensive portfolio of orthopaedic and neuro products and services for joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neuro, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
The role is based at our client's state of the art R&D and production facility in Leeds. This site is a short distance from the M621 and is easily commutable on public transport as it is a short distance from Leeds city centre.
This role will focus on testing instruments intended for use in orthopaedic surgery through biomechanical means, including fatigue endurance and load to failure testing. The Orthopaedic Test Laboratory works with engineers around the world to perform essential testing.
Conduct new product development and research testing work, duties include but not limited to: liaising and understanding requirements of work requests from Bio-engineers, translation of requests into practical in vitro tests, planning and execution of tests, analysis of data, completion of formal reporting and discussion with customers during and post activity to assess requirements for additional work. Advanced skills in report writing, Statistics and programming.
- Assist other Test Engineers as and when required on a variety of projects.
- Help other Test Engineers in the lab to perform testing if necessary.
- Set up of test assemblies.
- Contribute to departmental initiatives and meetings (within laboratory and wider R+D).
- Testing with scientific rigour, analysis of data, interpretation of results, recommendation of future test methods, report compilation.
- Participate in the development, component specification, building and validation of equipment employing electronics (such as instruments including transducer, controllers and triggers applied to test machines).
- Maintain laboratory inspection/test equipment by ensuring that equipment is serviceable, including but not limited to actively working or organising subcontractors as required, ensuring calibration to schedule, servicing and maintenance, breakdown repairs.
- New equipment and facilities: Assist with Capital Expenditure (CapEx) justification, including defining the specification and introduction to the laboratory area, examples include but are not limited to Critical systems change form, internal Qualification, calibration, risk assessment, staff training and developing work instructions.
- Design and facilitate manufacture of one off fixtures to support the lab activities as required utilising CAD. Maintain register and storage of fixtures.
- Develop a mechanism for planning and recording machine usage including all activities of work tasks, calibration and maintenance.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent demonstrable experience is required.
- Experience in analytical testing is desired.
- Experience working with multiple international customers is a bonus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and think laterally to improve upon the range of testing offered would be a bonus.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Heather on 0191 3848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45950 in all correspondence.