C++ Software Architect
CK Technical are currently recruiting for a C++ Software Architect to join a 2D animation start-up on a full time, permanent basis. Candidates based in/ commutable from Sheffield will be considered, and remote workers may be considered dependent on experience level.
The Company: Our client is a start-up born out of an established motion graphics and VFX studio with over 20 years' experience working alongside the world's biggest and best brands. The team has previously produced Oscar nominated software used daily by thousands in the animation and VFX industry. It's an exciting time to join the company, and they will consider candidates based in Sheffield, or alternatively experienced remote workers provided you are willing to travel on occasion to meet with the team. The company offers a salary of £30-60,000 pa depending on experience for the successful candidate who will have a keen interest and familiarity with the latest developments in the computer graphics industry, and is passionate about innovating and pushing the boundaries of what's possible in graphics and animation. The company is looking for someone who will thrive while working independently within a fast-paced, dynamic environment, who is also a customer-focussedteam-player. Your work ethic will make you quality obsessed and you will have a passion for forging high end user experiences.
The Role: Your main duties as a C++ Software Architect will be to:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of thecompany's new and hugely exciting 2D Animation Software.
- Work on developing and improving the core aspects of the company's software.
- Collaborate with a multi-functional team of developers to help implement robust and easy-to-maintain code.
- Be involved with some DevOps work (CMake, Python, GN/ Ninja, macOS, Windows).
- Creation/ oversight of technical designs for the application.
- Prototype and experiment with technical designs.
- Refactor and rewrite existing code to improve quality, reliability and maintainability.
- Profile and improve performance-critical code paths.
- Writing of technical documentation.
- Actively participate in team design discussions, sharing responsibilities and cultivate the adoption of best practices.
Your Background: The successful candidate for this C++ Software Architect role will have the following essential skills and experience:
- Proven fluency in C++ - essential
- Significant industry experience of designing and implementing software applications - essential
- Able to work independently within a fast-paced, dynamic environment - essential
- Customer-focussed team player with a strong, quality-orientated work ethic - essential
- A passion for forging high end user experiences - essential
- Experience working with RestAPIs - preferred
- Experience working with WebAssembly - preferred
- Linux experience - preferred
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this C++ Build Engineer position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 51243 in all correspondence.