CAD Engineer - Greater Birmingham
Emily Mills at CK Group is recruiting for a CAD Engineer to join a leading chemical and gas manufacturer on their site in Greater Birmingham. This is a permanent role offering a competitive salary in the range of £20,000 to £45,000pa depending on experience.
The responsibilities of the CAD Engineer will be to:
- Drawing execution (70%):
* Creating detailed drawings and schematics by using computer-aided design software (AutoCAD LT and Solidworks), which include dimensions, codes, materials, and production methods * Supporting the activity of Design and Projects Engineers and of the Engineering Manager by autonomously solving a number of small scale problems and by progressing 3D modelling * Assist the Validation Process for Customer Installations Drawings * Assisting Depots and Production Plants with drawings updates / development of new P&ID / Layouts / Site Plans * Develop / capture detailed design drawings and specifications for products (e.g. Nitrogen Generators) and hardware (CO2 equipment) by using AutoCAD and Solidworks * Create graphical representations of products / hardware / equipment / installation * Assist the development of ALUK Battery vehicles / Road Tankers fleet by collecting information, reviewing and updating the current drawings and Bills of Material
- Document Control (20%):
* Ensuring that the Document Control process is correctly implemented according to the established Document System * Actively contributing to continuous improvement of the Document for outsourced design work, liaise with 3rd parties for controlling the correct flow of information
- Part Numbers Generation (10%):
* Assisting the generation of new Engineering Materials Part Number. This will include creating tickets for IT services, collecting the needed information from the Engineering Department, liaising with the Product Manager and with the Request Originators and timely submitting the requested form and information. * Assisting the amendment of existing Engineering Materials Part Number by editing the Purchase Order Text when needed * Mastering the Material Master Register to ensure correct assignment of new part numbers
The CAD Engineer should have the following skills and experience:
- HNC / HND / BHons in Mechanical Engineering or suitable mechanical engineering experience with knowledge of industrial gas systems
- Fully IT literate to include drawing packages
- Familiarity with P&IDs
- Knowledge of any 3D modeling software packages and techniques
- Experience with Document Control
Nice to have:
- Specific knowledge of Solidworks
- Good working knowledge of SAP
- Commercial awareness
For more information or to apply for this CAD Engineer position, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457710 or email@example.com alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC42180 in all correspondence.