CK Group is recruiting for a CNC Programmer/Operator to join a global medical technology company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Leamington Spa for a 6 month initial contract.
This role offers £30-33.85 per hour Ltd/Umbrella.
The Company: Our client is a British multinational medical equipment manufacturing company, an international producer of advanced wound management products, trauma and clinical therapy products and orthopaedic reconstruction products. Its products are sold in over 120 countries.
Location: This role is located in Leamington Spa, an attractive spa town notable for its Regency architecture and parks. Leamington serves primarily as a commuter town for Coventry and Birmingham. Approximately 22 miles to Coventry and 37 miles to Birmingham.
The Role: Responsible for ensuring all plant production activities have full engineering support to include: PRD (prototype), implementation of products to the manufacturing process and effectively maintain all current production related processes to a validated state and also any general day to day engineering as required.
- Ability to read, create and understand component & tool drawings, process the information to identify potential problems and modify accordingly to use.
- Able to set, operate and programme 4/5 Axis CNC Turning Centre, Can critically assess the suitability of cutting tool design and simple jigs and fixtures for their intended application, knowledge of machining spherical components and controlling tool and gauge design an advantage.
- Experience of TPM, 5s, Lean tools and problem solve using TQ tools.
- Has detailed working knowledge of CNC machines (Doosan Lynx/MX range preferred) and any other general manufacturing or production type equipment, like lapping/polishing.
- Can confidentially solve problems and work with little supervision.
- 5 years experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role is required as a minimum.
- Licenses/Certifications: C&G time served or HND in an Engineering type discipline.
- Experience: Good proven hands on engineering experience.
- Understanding of TPM & 5's, CNC machines, Cam programming systems, ISO Clean room equipment, good computer & communication skills.
- Analytical/problem solving, hands on approach, previous working experience within CNC environments is required.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Lucy Stendall on 01246 457725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46254 in all correspondence.