Keir Betts at CK Technical is recruiting for a CNC Turner to join a OEM company in the analytical and instrumentation industry at their site based in Telford on a permanent basis.
Our client manufactures components and assemblies that are used in a range of industrial and analytical equipment used for the manufacture of silicon chips through to mass spectrometers.
This role is located in Telford. The site is easily commutable from Wolverhampton, Walsall and Shrewsbury.
Your main duties will be:
- Responsible for the setting and machining of components for use in assemblies built on site and also for delivery direct to the customer.
- Must be capable of inspecting finished components using a variety of inspection equipment and be able to identify solutions to ensure good quality product. Training will be given on CMM systems.
- Be able to program simple components using Heidenhain and make appropriate modifications to programs generated with the CAD/CAM system.
- Able to recommend and select the correct tooling to achieve the most efficient machining method.
- Responsible for housekeeping of the machine and area of work and to ensure that all necessary preventative maintenance is carried out.
- Responsible for the administration in relation to internal and customer documentation and to ensure that this conforms to the required specification.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with clients and other agents with whom the company has contact.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with other members of the team to enable the sharing of information and clarity of understanding.
- Responsible for managing own time in the most time efficient way and prioritising workload to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Work within guidelines and policies to provide a consistent and professional approach.
- Perform ad hoc tasks in relation to job role as considered appropriate.
- Prepared to contribute to own learning and development of the role.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Keir Betts on 01246 457737 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46698 in all correspondence.