CK Group is recruiting for a Chemical Engineer to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Brinny on a contract basis for 12 months.
The Company: Our client has a long history of pushing the boundaries of science in order to help fight some the worlds most urgent global health challenges. This role is based at a state of the art biologics operation where they formulate and fill vaccines and biologic products.
The Location: The role, will be working at our clients site in Brinny which is situated in Cork in South West Ireland. The site is just 30 minutes drive from the centre of Cork and is accessible by bus too.
The Role: You will provide process engineering services in support of the design, construction, commissioning and qualification of a new vial filling line. You will work with the Process Engineering Team to act as client owner representative to deliver integrated process engineering services to meet the Project Objectives.
The Process Engineer will lead the delivery of a vial wash/tunnel/filler equipment package and will be a key member of a wider team focused on the retrofit of an existing sterile manufacturing facility for a new product.
- Support GES Process Lead to implement a Process Design based on the scope of Process Requirements provided by the Technology Transfer and Process Development Groups.
- Lead cross-functional project teams to ensure project and site stakeholder inputs and requirements are clear and reflected in design deliverables.
- Ensure all project stakeholders are informed and consulted on key process suite activities and decisions.
- Ensure team is delivering to plan against project milestones and provide status reports to project Tiers and stakeholders.
- Escalate issues, constraints and risks as required.
- Act as client owner representative to self-execute critical design deliverables and provide direction and oversight of design progression by an Architect & Engineering design firm.
- Ensure IFC Process Flow Diagrams, P&IDs meet process needs.
- Lead vendor management and equipment testing to verify User Requirement Specifications and Equipment Specifications are met.
- Manage closeout of process safety deliverables including PHA (Hazops) and machine safety checklists.
- Ensure site engineering standards, procedures and practices are followed.
Support GES C&Q Lead to coordinate preparation and lead FATs/C&Q field execution. Review and approve system lifecycle documents including Criticality and Risk assessments, FAT documentation, C&Q documentation.
Manage installation/start-up/testing of process systems through OQ completion. Interface with cross-functional team to ensure systems' post-OQ (PQ, PPQ) readiness.
- Liaise with stakeholders, equipment vendors, business partners, and SMEs at other sites within the Manufacturing Network as required to support Project.
- On occasion, may also undertake Project Engineering duties including: Preparation of project related deliverables such as schedules, work plans, equipment cost tracking, coordination of project activities between stakeholders.
- Minimum qualification B.Sc. or M.Sc./M.Eng Degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical or Biochemical Engineering or equivalent discipline; equivalent is defined as a Biotechnology or Industrial Chemistry Degree with basic the elements of chemical/biochemical engineering fundamentals as applied to biotechnology/bioprocessing
- Strong post academic process engineering experience in a biopharmaceutical processing design, construction & start-up environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/influence teams in matrix environment.
- Excellent communication/presentation/organisational skills.
- In depth understanding of process engineering and technologies pertinent to unit operations including sterile filling.
- Knowledge on the application of Disposable Technologies.
- Knowledge of PLC process control platforms and industry SDLC methodology.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Julie on 01246 457739 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46212 in all correspondence.