Contract Mechanical Engineer
Keir Betts at CK Group is recruiting for a Contract Mechanical Engineer to join a company in the Biotechnology industry at their site based in Oxford on a contract basis.
The Company: The group provides laboratory automation solutions (lab-on-a-chip) comprising of hardware and software product components from their site in Oxfordshire.
The Location: The role is based at our client's site in Oxford with excellent commuting links to surrounding areas.
The Role: Your main duties will be:
- Development of mechanical components of the microfluidic lab-on-a-chip cartridges and associated instrumentation.
- Designing and undertaking experiments to evaluate the performance of research prototypes and product components.
- Analysing the behaviour of mechanical components, including modelling and simulation as appropriate.
- It is imperative that the products and prototypes developed meet the required quality standards and that best practice and formal processes for e.g. design control and risk analysis are followed.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Minimum 2:1 (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering from a leading university.
- Relevant industrial experience.
- Knowledge of microfluidic techniques and technologies.
- Proficient user of Solidworks CAD software, preferably including experience with SolidWorks PDM.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Keir Betts on 01246 457 737 or email Kbetts@ckgroup.co.uk. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46431 in all correspondence.