Contract Process Engineer
Keir Betts is recruiting for a Process Engineer to join a specialist Medical Device organisation at their site in Saffron Walden. This role is offered on a full time, contract basis with a competitive salary.
The Company: Our client is one of the world's largest independent manufacturer of contact (CL) and intraocular (IOL) lens materials. They are also a leading innovator in the development of specialist polymers and biocompatible materials for medical applications.
Location: This role is based in their Saffron Walden site and is easily commutable from Essex, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire & Suffolk. Their facilities are state of the art as most of their technologies and production methods are developed in-house.
The Role:- Support the design and development of a new medical device production line.
- Aid the technology transfer of the production a new medical device from a partner company.
- Conduct formulation and polymerization activities.
- Optimise and validate all processes in the production pathway.
- Provide feedback on mould designs and suggest improvements to optimise usability.
- Develop new equipment to aid the production process.
- Liaise with other project partner companies as required to generate appropriate test samples, reports and presentations. This would also include travelling to partner companies.
- Collate experimental data and present in appropriate forms and written experimental reports, ensuring these are accurate and updated accordingly.
- BSc or MSc level degree in Chemical, Process, or Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, or another relevant subject. PhD and post-doc level candidates would also be considered.
- A solid background in the design of prototype and pilot production lines and sourcing of equipment.
- Knowledge of polymerization principles.
- An enthusiasm for the development of bespoke equipment for new processes.
- Experience of establishing production lines within a clean room environment.
- Basic laboratory techniques including weighing and safe chemical handling.
- Good numerical and written skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, for providing scientific reports and presentations to the project management team.
- Experience using MS packages, especially Word and Excel.
- Commutable daily to Saffron Walden, Essex.
- 2+ years working in a commercial environment.
- Experience in moulding thermal cure resins and mixtures.
- Knowledge of quality systems (ISO 9001, ISO 13485) and adherence to SOPs.
- Experience of working with hydrogels and basic chemistry reactions such as hydrolysis.
- An understanding of analytical equipment that would aid the process development process.
- Experience working in a clean room or controlled environment laboratory.
- Experience of automation.
- Experience of medical device production.
The Benefits: The client is offering a competitive salary and great benefits package.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Keir Betts on 01246 457 737 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46479 in all correspondence.