Emily Mills at CK Technical is recruiting for a Corrosion Engineer to join a company in the Production and Integrity Assurance industry at their site based in Manchester on a permanent basis.
Our client is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. They deliver innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. The P&IA team are focused on the areas of corrosion and materials consultancy, specialised testing, production chemistry, corrosion management and monitoring.
The role is based at our client's site in Trafford Park, in Manchester which is easily commutable from most areas of the city.
The Role: The main focus of the role is carrying out corrosion testing programmes for the assessment of carbon steels for use in oil and gas applications, under sour service conditions (environments containing hydrogen sulphide). The role supports the Sour Service Team Manager and senior staff in the running and management of UKAS accredited test methodologies.
Specific tasks include:
- Carrying out preparation and testing of samples submitted to the sour service laboratory by the accredited methodologies and inputting effectively as part of a team on larger projects.
- Analysing and interpreting data, including non-destructive testing data and microscopic examination information pertinent to the progress of assignments.
- Assisting in the planning and co-ordination of all activities of the sour service laboratory, in order to ensure optimum achievement of operational targets in the most cost-effective manner, consistent with safe operating practices.
- Supporting the technical operation of the sour service laboratory and ensure that the requirements of external accreditation (ISO 9001 and 17025) are met.
- Maintaining awareness of project budgets and time allocation of assigned projects in collaboration with Sour Service Manager, highlighting any issues arising that could impact profitability and/or client expectations.
- Degree qualified in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or similar STEM degree.
- Minimum of two years industrial experience, preferably in a materials' testing environment.
- Experience of working to accredited technical standards, or alternatively demonstrable experience of systems and process thinking ability.
- Ability to understand and interpret customer/client technical needs and implement test methodologies to meet client needs.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues at all levels.
- Good IT literacy skills, especially using Microsoft Excel and Word.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457710 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46727 in all correspondence.