EC&I Technician - Knottingley
George Truman at CK Technical is recruiting for an EC&I Technician to join a company in the Waste Management industry at their site based in Knottingley on a permanent basis.
Our client is an organisation dedicated to the assessment, treatment and final disposal of waste, as well as providing consultancy, industrial clean-up, fuel storage services and chemical services.
The main purpose of the role will be to implement effective maintenance and project work to the highest possible standards of both safety and quality in a timely manner.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Being directly responsible for your own experienced actions and those within your charge (such as apprentices, contractors and less experienced technicians), so that work is undertaken to the company's requirements and safety instructions.
- Actively assisting in improving plant performance via continuous improvement processes, such as Reliability Centred Maintenance - preventative / predictive maintenance programme.
- Ensuring that the required records are kept up to date to satisfy the requirements of legislation related to plant maintenance schedules, etc.
- Providing first line maintenance support to production facilitating fault diagnosis to root cause on critical plant and equipment in timely manner. This may involve flexible working.
- Taking autonomous action when appropriate to maintain SHE systems on site keeping your manager fully informed of your actions.
- To be fully competent and engaged in the use of the sites CMMS, both facilitating the production of work activities as well as updating equipment history via job closure / follow up.
- Actively engaging in development of maintenance standards and systems to improve plant reliability to 99% and availability to 98.5%.
- Assisting in the acceptance and commissioning of plant and equipment and preparing maintenance schedules and programs to ensure reliable operation.
- Engaging with company training and development in order to keep up to date with the standards the site should operate to in line with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), Environment Agency, COMAH, ATEX/ DSEAR and appropriate discipline technical matters.Your Background:
To succeed in this role you must be have an understanding of industry legislation and H&S Legislation relevant to engineering and plant maintenance standards. You must also have proven experience in the maintenance of hazardous area Electrical, Instrument and Control Systems, the latest standards (DSEAR /ATEX), project engineering and modern computer based control systems Computer literate including CMMS. E.g. SAP Good written and oral communication skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact George Truman on 01246 457736 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45451 in all correspondence.