Electromechanical Technical Author
CK Group is recruiting for an Electromechanical Technical Author to join a global medical technology company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Hull for a 6 month initial contract.
Our client is a company that supports healthcare professionals in over 100 countries in an effort to improve the lives of their patients. The company takes a pioneering approach to the design of advanced medical products and services by securing wider access to their diverse technologies for more customers globally and by enabling better outcomes for patients and healthcare systems. They hold leading positions in Orthopaedics Reconstruction, Wound Management and Sports Medicine to name a few.
Hull, a port city in East Yorkshire, is named as the UK's City of Culture 2017. The city is at the eastern end of the M62 and can be easily accessed from the rest of the UK motorway network. It has good access from Lincolnshire and the south via the A15 and the Humber Bridge, and can be accessed by the A1079 from York and the North.
To work directly with Design Quality Assurance , Product and Support Service and Repair teams, to achieve an agreed, authorised document for use by the Customer/End User and to report to the Service and Repair Operations Leader providing progress against the project schedule.
- To interpret Engineering Drawings and Maintenance Task Analysis.
- To work with Purchased Finished Goods CAD Engineer to utilise the optimum graphic/images to support the textual content of the Maintenance Task Analysis.
- To generate a Combined Service and Repair Manual (Including IPC) following the guidelines provided by the Customer/End User.
- Project Lead - seamless delivery to agreed time lines and budget; also demonstrating best practice.
- Provide resolution of technical issues connected with assigned projects.
- All information is speculative based upon intelligence received from the Customer in advance of the formal Request for Proposal. Visibility and Transparency are essential to keep the Customer informed of progress.
- Dimensions (Relevant facts and figures relating to job)
- Ability to work flexibly across time zone with multiple work leaders.
- Knowledge and Experience (Knowledge and experience needed for satisfactory performance of the job)
- BSC degree in Engineering (or equivalent experience) in one of the following disciplines, Electronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Extensive experience in Technical Authoring ideally with Military / Defence Standards.
- Extensive experience in a high volume industry, preferably with medical device experience.
- Skilled in Technical Authoring to AECMA Simplified English or equivalent.
- Experience operating in a regulated industry is preferred. (FDA, CAA, etc)
- Work experience in, MS Office suite and Adobe.
- Project Management skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel including external regulatory bodies (FDA).
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information, please contact the CK Group on 01438 870011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 47759 in all correspondence.