Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager - Near Dublin
Jenni at CK Group is recruiting for an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Dun Laoghaire on an initial 12 month contract basis.
The Company: Our client is one of the worlds leading manufacturers of biosimilar and biopharmaceutical products used in the treatment of a wide range of human healthcare conditions from cancer to arthritis. This company are a strong believer in helping patients by developing new treatments and taking them to market via their global network of specialist aseptic manufacturing, packaging and distribution sites.
The Location: This role is located on a state of the art manufacturing facility based in Dun Laoghaire and is a quick 30 minute drive away from the centre of Dublin, or 60 minutes drive from Dublin Airport. The site is easily commutable from Kildare or Wicklow by car and there is a good public transport network if you would prefer to live within Dublin itself. Dun Laoghaire is a vibrant cultural hub in south Dublin which is best known for its maritime history and locally caught sea food.
The Role: Reporting to the EHS Director, the EHS Manager is responsible for the delivery of support and advice to management and all employees in relation to site Safety, Emergency Response, Occupational Hygiene, Loss Prevention and Process Safety programmes and procedures. Key duties will include:
- Ensure systems are in place to ensure Compliance with all existing and forthcoming Health and Safety-Related EU and Irish Legislation requirements.
- Ensure Compliance with all company Safety-Related programmes, procedures and policies.
- Ensure in the transfer of New products and processes to the site , that impact on Safety is assessed, controlled and mitigated to ensure the safety of people and processes.
- Manage and develop life safety systems.
- Prepare and review Safety-related policies and procedures for the site and provide systems and support to ensure effective implementation of the same.
- Drive Continuous improvement in all health and safety systems.
- Ensure that products and chemicals are produced, handled and stored to the appropriate documentation in order to obtain the required Safety.
- Review and approve policies, operating instructions and ensure systems are in place to deliver appropriate Safety Assessments, Reviews and validations when change occurs or when new processes are introduced;
- Ensure that effective required Safety training of site personnel is carried out and adapted according to changes in legislation or business requirements.
- Support the plant in the project review, approval, prioritization, and implementation.
- Develop and metrics to support the benchmarking of site, global, and industry.
- Develop improvement strategies to improve safety and regulatory compliance.
- Assure the appropriate level of regulatory and training is undertaken organization, and develop and deliver engaging and effective training material.
- Responsible for establishing, measuring and reporting on site Safety Goals and Objectives and supporting the improvement of site-based metric and targets.
- Prepare, maintain, and justify the functions' safety-related budgets.
Your Background: To be considered for the role, you should have the following experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- Prior experience in a Manufacturing plant, with experience supervising technical staff or Contractors.
- Must be qualified as a minimum to degree level in an appropriate OHS discipline, with experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution.
- Proven ability to partner with other departments.
- Analytical problem solving. · Considerable Organization skills.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and counselling.
- Ability to deal with and manage change.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to use company compensation system including mentoring lower management levels when required.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jenni on 01438 768 710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA44554 in all correspondence.