Equipment Reliability Engineer - near Cork
Jenni at CK Group is recruiting for a Equipment Reliability Engineer to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Brinny, Innishannon on a 12 month contract basis.
The Company: Our client is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. This position sits within their Manufacturing Division, which consists of a team of dedicated, energetic individuals, committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. They have an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Location: The role, will be working at our clients site in Brinny which is situated in Cork in South West Ireland. The site is just 30 minutes drive from the centre of Cork and is accessible by bus too.
The Role: The reliability specialist will operate within the Engineering Centre of Excellence and will work closely with colleagues within the IPT (Integrated Production Team). He/she will provide expert advise on improving equipment reliability and will act in a consultative fashion to assisting with equipment repeat issues. In addition to providing expertise on equipment reliability this person will also act as a point of contact for providing advise and determining best practice in the fields of statutory inspections and machinery guarding.
Primary activities/responsibilities include:
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other maintenance problems.
- Identifies and corrects chronic, repetitive and costly equipment problems.
- Analysis of Equipment History to assure effectiveness of all maintenance efforts.
- Drives Preventative Maintenance program such as vibration, thermography and other predictive analyses and interpretation of results.
- Reduces and improves maintenance work wherever feasible; assuring efficient and reliable operation of plant, process and equipment while protecting and prolonging the economic life of plant assets at optimal cost.
- Looks outside of the site to engage with other sites and industries to improve equipment reliability by implementing solutions.
- Remains abreast of and applies advancing maintenance technology as applicable.
- Coordinates with planner/scheduler to ensure that PM/PdM services and inspections are scheduled and performed when due, and that resultant corrective work is promptly performed.
- Engages with craft teams to understand root causes of repeated equipment failures.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines the preventive/predictive maintenance process in pursuit of optimization and minimal failure rate.
- Works with Project Engineering to ensure the maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Ensure all equipment required for annual statutory inspections/certification is included within the site asset register.
- Review equipment reports from statutory inspections and take ownership for implementing corrective actions.
Your Background: To succeed in this role, you will come from a background in a similar position with a relevant degree and Lean Six Signma qualification or experience. You should also have the following key areas of experience, skills and knowledge:
- Good Written and verbal communication skills.
- Identify key stakeholders and develop a relationship of trust.
- Interact with above site personnel to understand changes and promote the site.
- Solid engineering acumen.
- Demonstrated capability to communicate effectively across multiple teams
- Solid business acumen.
- Ability to build and fostering relationships with project stakeholder including.
- Ability to analyse and identify trends.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jenni on 01438 768 710 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44627 in all correspondence.