IT Automation – Infrastructure Analyst
CK Group is recruiting for an IT Automation – Infrastructure Analyst to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cramlington on a contract basis for 12 months and has an hourly rate of £28.15.
The Company: Our client is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. This position sits within their Manufacturing Division, which consists of a team of dedicated, energetic individuals, committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. They have an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Location: The role is based at our client's site in Cramlington. The site resides in the Windmill Industrial Estate in Cramlington a town and civil parish in Northumberland, England, 9 miles north of Newcastle upon Tyne. It has great links to the A1and is well serviced by buses, including a regular bus to Cramlington town which itself has a train https://www.thetrainline.com/stations/cramlington station with regular trains from Newcastle to Morpeth.
The Role: The Automation IT Engineer roles is the IT Infrastructure resource dedicated to the IT and Automation team, consisting of IT Business Analysts and Automation Engineers. A portion of our onsite systems are on vendor supplied hardware/software which is not supported by our Global Infrastructure Organisation (GIO). This role provides IT Infrastructure coverage/support to these systems. The role will also look to the future and take opportunities to increase the amount of supported systems at site.Key Responsibilities:
- Assist and support the Automation and IT (A&IT) team with technical IT infrastructure/desktop issues and requests in relation to hardware, software and networking.
- Align with our GIO (Infrastructure) team to ensure best practices and standards are followed within the IT team
- Responsible for the timely execution of assigned regular A&IT tasks - such as backup of production systems, password resets and patching. Engagement with business areas to organise the hands-on time needed on each machine
- Collaborate with offsite teams to implement Infrastructure requirements needed within the A&IT team. Examples include organising vulnerability scans and managing the process of requesting firewall exceptions and opening ports (this performed by our offsite teams, but we must work with them prior/during execution).
- Involvement and support into the creation and execute of technical qualification documents (IQ/OQ etc.)
Your background: The successful candidate should have good experience/understanding with the follow technologies:
- Windows Server O/S (troubleshooting)
- Active Directory (Use of security groups)
- General knowledge of networking (patching, IP, DNS, firewall, port blocking)
- Antivirus and IT security best practices
- Virtual technologies
- Backup / Restore tools
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jenni on 01438 768 710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47119 in all correspondence.