IT Infrastructure Support Analyst - Cramlington, Northumberland
CK Group is recruiting for an IT Infrastructure Support Analyst to join an IT team for a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cramlington on a contract basis for 6 months.
The Company: Our client is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. This position sits within their Manufacturing Division, which consists of a team of dedicated, energetic individuals, committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. They have an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Location: The role is based at our client's site in Cramlington. The site resides in the Windmill Industrial Estate in Cramlington, a town and civil parish in Northumberland, England, 9 miles north of Newcastle upon Tyne. It has great links to the A1 and is well serviced by buses, including a regular bus to Cramlington town which itself has a train station with regular trains from Newcastle to Morpeth.
Role: This role within the IT Department is to support the desktop environment and infrastructure at Cramlington and ensure that it is maintained within Corporate and Regulatory requirements.
- Maintenance and development of IT desktop environment and infrastructure:
* Ensure corporate systems are implemented as per technical bulletins to manage user security. * Ensure that network and desktop environment are maintained to ensure minimum business disruption through lack of availability. * Develop performance monitoring activities to ensure availability of equipment is maintained. * Project management of major/minor upgrades to site environment.
- Implementation of new IT systems and processes to support business requirements:
* Participation in divisional and corporate projects as site technical representative in European IT network. * Provide IT technical input to system implementation projects. * Identify and deliver projects to improve infrastructure.
- Support Local Infrastructure and Client Service IT Groups:
* Provide technical direction and support to staff. * Provide 2nd line IT helpdesk support and manage interfaces with suppliers/corporate groups as appropriate. * Participation in corporate mandatory activities, such as but not limited to device patching, security vulnerability remediation.
- Maintain compliance to company and Regulatory guidelines for IT infrastructure:
* Develop and maintain SOPs to support departmental activities. * Contribute change controls and validation documentation associated with IT projects.
- Working computer and technical systems knowledge.
- Customer service experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Good listening skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Heather on 0191 3848905 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45952 in all correspondence.