IT Systems Administrator - Newmarket
Keir Betts at CK Technical is recruiting for an IT Systems Administrator to join a company in the Analytical Chemical industry at their site based in Newmarket on a permanent basis.
The Company: Our client is an award winning analytical chemistry company running testing in the UK, Ireland and Europe, employing across various locations.
Location: This role is located Newmarket. The site is easily commutable from Cambridge and can easily access London which is 65 miles away
The Role: Your main duties will be:
- Support the day to day user activities within the LIMS system and other generic IT programs.
- Development and maintenance of reports using AIS ReportPro and Excel within the LIMS environment
- Development and maintenance of various data export formats to comply with client requirements
- Development and co-ordination of IT projects to increase laboratory throughput and efficiency
- Initialization and training of new system users and provision of support on the development of new system functionality and applications
Maintenance and support of the web-based laboratory systems. Further responsibilities will include:
Compliance with all the Health and Safety and ISO14001 requirements of your role, and perform any other reasonable duties
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Ability to learn new systems
- Understanding of laboratory systems
- Customer focus solving 1st/2nd line help desk issues
- Experience of Excel VBA, SQL Management Studio, SQL Databases, PHP and Java Script
- Experience of Active Directory, DNS, Firewalls, Exchange, Office 365
- Experience of Veeam & VMware, desirable
- NQF/QCF Qualifications - Level 2 (Examples: GCSE's (A*-C) : NVQ level 2 : etc)
- NQF/QCF Qualifications - Level 3 (Examples A' Level: NVQ level 3 : etc)
- NQF/QCF Qualifications - Level 4-6 (Examples: BTEC Diploma : HNC : HND : Bachelor degree : etc) is desirable
- MCSA Windows Server, CCNA, MCSA SQL Server is desirable
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Keir Betts on 01246 457 737 or email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46112 in all correspondence.