CK Group are recruiting for an Import Coordinator to join a global logistics specialist for Life Sciences a permanent basis based in Slough.
The Company: Our client is a specialist courier with over 35 years of experience in cell and gene therapy, clinical trials, pharmaceutical, bioscience sectors.
Location: This role is based in Slough.
Import Coordinator Role: As an Import Coordinator, you will need to fulfil all operational requirements involved in ensuring timely customs clearance and delivery of our client’s customers imports to the UK.
Your main duties will be to:
- Act as the point of contact for overseas offices and agents on shipments importing into the UK.
- Collate import Pre-Alerts including paperwork checks.
- Revert to sending station when needed to request amendments or additional information needed in order to clear shipments.
- Ensure all pertinent information, including any import permits, are present to ensure the entry submitted is fully compliant with all relevant customs and customer requirements.
- Occasional requirement to perform ad-hoc, out of hours, on-call duties on weekdays and weekends.
Your Background: For this position you will need:
- Experience working in an Air Import role.
- Up to date knowledge of customs CPCs and HTS codes.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience, ideallywithin logistics or related area.
- Experience in collection and delivery of high importance, time-critical shipments.
- Valid Dangerous goods qualification to transport dangerous goods within ADR regulations.
- Cold Chain knowledge/experience.Apply: For more information or to apply for this Import Coordinator position, please contact Phoebe Walker on 01246457737 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 51227.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.