Improvement Engineer - Carlow
Jenni at CK Group is recruiting for a Improvement Engineer to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Carlow on a 12 month contract basis.
The Company: Our client has a long history of pushing the boundaries of science in order to help fight some the worlds most urgent global health challenges. This role is based at a state of the art biologics operation where they formulate and fill vaccines and biologic products.
The Location: The role is based at our client's site in Carlow, Ireland. Carlow is a fascinating town which pre dates written Irish history, has played a major part in Irish history and even served as the capital of the country in the 14th century.
The Role: The Improvement Engineering, IPT, will play an important role within the Integrated Production Team to support the continued development of our clients Carlow site. The Improvement Engineer will be a key member of the Engineering, Maintenance and Operations Teams, working on both equipment and operational improvement projects.
Some key duties include:
- Lead and manage Capital and Expense Projects to introduce new equipment to the site.
- Manage the introduction of new processes or process changes on behalf of the operations and maintenance teams.
- Lead complex multifunctional root cause analysis of system, process and equipment failures including, substandard equipment performance, using standard tools and methods, to resolve machine and system issues.
- Complete review, approval and close out of technical documentation
- Identify, troubleshoot, investigate and remedy process and equipment issues and incidents, using Lean Six Sigma tools as applicable.
- Lead continuous improvement projects through the identification of CAPAs from system failure investigations and investigation reports.
- Driving operational and technical excellence to deliver stable processes for PPQ, facility start-up and commercial supply.
- Collaborate and work cross functionally to develop and deliver on all aspects of the project through URS, FAT, SAT, IC, OC, IQ, OQ, PPQ and commercialization to meet schedule milestones.
- Ensure effective budget control on all projects. Complete project cost-benefit analysis, management of P.O.'s and close-out of projects.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by deploying Six Sigma tools and support implementation of Model Area within operations from the start.
Your Background: To be considered for this role you should have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrating energy and enthusiasm, the Improvement Engineer IPT will demonstrate professional engineering excellence at all times and will contribute to the organisation's overall capability to thrive and grow.
- Relatable work experience in a GMP manufacturing environment.
- Proven track-record in delivering results in a world-class supply organisation.
- A strong career history in either the medical or pharma industries (ideally aseptic filling) and familiarity with a highly regulated environment.
- Experience of working in a cross functional environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- Strong understanding of project implementation strategy, including experience on regulatory, validation and process technology transfer.
- Proven Engineering experience in a highly regulated environment in delivering technical and operational improvements.
- An openness to new technologies and ability to follow-up on these independently.
- Management of complex cross-functional projects.
- Report, standards, policy writing skills required.
- Proficiency in job-related computer applications required.
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience desired.
- Ability to lead projects and participate in project teams.
- A great communicator, decisive decision-maker with a proven ability to deliver excellence.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- High personal integrity, credibility, and energy.
- Confidence to direct off-site suppliers to the project.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jenni on 01438 768 710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA43901 in all correspondence.