Industrial Engineer - Dun Laoghaire
CK Group is recruiting for an Industrial Engineer to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Dun Laoghaire on a 12 month contract basis.
The Company: Our client is one of the worlds leading manufacturers of biosimilar and biopharmaceutical products used in the treatment of a wide range of human healthcare conditions from cancer to arthritis. This company are a strong believer in helping patients by developing new treatments and taking them to market via their global network of specialist aseptic manufacturing, packaging and distribution sites.
The Location: This role is located on a state of the art manufacturing facility based in Dun Laoghaire and is a quick 30 minute drive away from the centre of Dublin, or 60 minutes drive from Dublin Airport. The site is easily commutable from Kildare or Wicklow by car and there is a good public transport network if you would prefer to live within Dublin itself. Dun Laoghaire is a vibrant cultural hub in south Dublin which is best known for its maritime history and locally caught sea food.
The Role: The Industrial Engineer will have responsibility for performing industrial engineering studies to support development of labour & capacity models. The Industrial Engineer will also be involved in the co-ordination of Inspection & Packaging scheduling activities. This position works closely with the Operations, Maintenance, Engineering and Supply Chain at an operational level. They will engage with internal customers to support their efforts to solve complex problems and improve performance.
- Perform industrial engineering studies to support development of labour models, capacity models and Strategic Planning.
- Perform capacity analysis to support strategic site assessments.
- Demonstrating a good working knowledge of Industrial Engineering tools & practices and using this knowledge and expertise to continually drive improvement in process/equipment design, layout and Operational performance.
- Actively seek out, identify, and execute on opportunities to remove constraints, process improvement, remove waste and cost reduction within Operations.
- Creation and continuous review of finite schedules for Inspection & Packaging.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders such as Supply Chain Planners, Maintenance Process Planners, Calibration, Validation, Process Development & Engineering.
- Own the Inspection & Packaging finite scheduling processes chairing appropriate planning meeting.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Will include participating in special projects as identified.
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar position is essential.
- Experience in an Aseptic Manufacturing Plant, Inspection & Packaging is essential.
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical or Biologics Manufacturer with a lean manufacturing-environment is essential.
- Demonstrated experiences of problem-solving and process improvements activities.
- Experience implementing Continuous Improvement methodologies and programs such as Six Sigma, DMAIC, Kaizen, and/or Lean Manufacturing.
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to execute and manage complex projects and programs.
- Experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA) required.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Lucy on 01246 457725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45969 in all correspondence.