Instrument Engineer - Nottinghamshire
Emily Mills is recruiting for a Instrument Engineer to join a pharmaceutical company based in Nottingham on a permanent basis.
The Company: Our client helps biopharmaceutical companies improve patient outcomes with a range of albumin-based products and technologies that facilitate the development of superior biotherapeutics.
The Role: In this role you will report to the Instrument Supervisor and be responsible for engineering maintenance activities to ensure our 24/7 manufacturing facility runs on schedule and to the defined standards. You will also support small engineering projects and larger capital investments within a highly regulated and controlled cGMP environment. Since we operate in a 24/7 production environment, the role will also entail the provision of out of hours support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring maintenance activities are carried out in a safe, compliant and timely manner within the established KPI framework
- Project Support of small engineering projects
- To contribute and provide support as required for large capital investment projects
- Provision of routine out-of-hour's emergency call-out support on the engineering call-out Rota
- To liaise with and take responsibility for on-site external engineering contractors/consultants to ensure all activities are conducted in line with agreed procedures and protocols
- Ensuring that all documentation is kept up to date and reflects correct validated status
- To provide support to Electrical and Mechanical engineering when appropriate
- Ideally having served a recognised Instrument craft/technician apprenticeship complete with supporting qualifications plus:
- An HNC/HND or an equivalent electrical engineering qualification is also highly desirable, but consideration will be given to candidates with lower technical qualifications who can demonstrate relevant experience
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years' post-apprenticeship experience within a process-oriented industrial environment
- Familiarity with standard industrial electrical LV infrastructure, process Instrumentation, and variable speed drives. Siemens PLC, BMS and SCADA systems would also be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge or previous experience of cGMP compliance, deviation management, change control and process improvement programmes
For more information or to apply for this Instrument Engineer position please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457 710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC44122 in all correspondence.