Lead Engineer - Sedgefield
Emily Mills is recruiting for a Lead Engineer to join a leading developer of Chemical Processes at their site in Co. Durham on a permanent basis. The company work with a diverse range of clients, and offer the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects covering both batch and continuous processes. This is a permanent position with the salary dependant upon experience.
The Company: Our client works on a broad range of projects. They help companies to develop, prove and commercialise the next generation of products, processes and services. Our client enables ideas, research and knowledge to be translated into commercial business propositions by providing the facilities and technical expertise to help companies overcome their innovation challenges.
Location: This role is located in the south of Co.Durham. It is easily commutable from the A1.
The Role: Our client is seeking to recruit a Lead Engineer in Plant Sustaining to work closely with the platform operations managers and the Asset Engineering Team. The Lead Engineer will co-ordinate the day to day activities of the team to maintain a safe and reliable plant, will manage the Wilton Workshop and provide technical leadership to the team. The role will be to support the Technical Asset Manager in delivering a maintenance strategy across CPI technical assets and in particular in our Industrial Biotechnology and Biorefining plant engineering environment.
Duties of the role will include to:
- Supervise the Plant Sustaining team, ensuring delivery of departmental goals, through appropriate delegation and providing feedback and motivation to team members.
- Coordinate technical and engineering manpower on a daily basis, ensuring maximum availability of the plant equipment.
- Plan and develop routine maintenance tasks that maximize the reliability, availability and maintain the quality of plant.
- Review the maintenance schedules and implement improvements and changes in such a way as to improve uptime, reliability and process efficiency while controlling the cost of delivery.
- Ensure the teams responds in a timely fashion to breakdown conditions and work in such a way as to minimise downtime.
- Ensure maintenance cover throughout the working day and, at times, during out of hours working (extended days and weekends).
- Ensure the teams' works in a safe and efficient manner helping develop, write and implement the SHE rules and policies.
- Produce monthly progress and KPI reports.
- Recommend and design improvements for plant equipment and facilities which increase availability, capability and reduce operational costs of ownership while retaining a safe operating environment.
- Candidates should be educated to HNC or Foundation Degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline.
- Relevant industrial experience or have significant industrial experience at a senior level.
- Technical expertise in maintenance engineering, as well as a compelling evidence of complex technical problem solving.
- Experience of implementing a maintenance strategy, preferably in an Industrial Bio-Tech or similar industry.
- Desirable for the candidate to have experience of supervising a small group or team within an operational environment.
The Benefits: This role is offering a wide range of benefits to our employees, including: pension, company sick pay and life assurance just to name a few.
For more information or to apply for this Lead Engineer, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457 710 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44900 in all correspondence.