Logistics Specialist (Chemicals) - London
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Logistics Specialist to join one of the worlds most diversified trading, investment & services companies. This is a permanent role within the company's Chemicals division.
This role is based on site and will be working from our clients offices in central London, a short walk away from St Pauls. Our client are offering a strong base salary of up to £35,000pa with an additional benefits package including pension, increased annual leave and a performance related bonus.
The Logistics Specialist will be responsible for covering project work such as investment (before / after), improving current trading and the creation of new business as well handling daily enquiries.
Further duties of the Logistics Specialist will be to:
- Improve Logistics and Risk Management knowledge and skills in the Corporate Logistics dept. and the company through attending and giving seminars.
- Improve / create materials to help support the Corporate Logistics depts. activities.
- Promote systemization and maintenance to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the activities of the Corporate Logistics Dept.
- Support business departments in compliance procedures, customs issues, such as customs valuation, classification, special customs authorization and other import / export requirements updating advice / documentation, export controls and sanctions as necessary.
The Logistics Specialist should have the following skills and experience:
- Candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Extensive Customs, Transportation / Forwarding experience in the international logistics industry
- Working within a multinational trading environment, within an international Transport/Logistics team with involvement in customs procedures.
- Working with both EU and non-EU Forwarders, Customs and other related parties.
- Candidates must be fluent in English.
- Knowledge of European or other languages would be an advantage.
For more information or to apply for this Logistics Specialist position, please contact Alex Tosney on 01246 457718 or firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC41255 in all correspondence.