Machine Operator x2 - Leamington Spa
CK Group are recruiting for Machine Operators to join a global medical technology company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Leamington Spa on a contract basis for 6 months.
This is a shift based role as follows: Induction Week - During the first week - 6am to 6pm and then a continuous rotation of: Week 1 - Monday to Tuesday 6am to 6pm, Wednesday to Thursday 6pm to 6am Week 2 - Wednesday to Thursday 6am to 6pm, Friday to Saturday 6pm to 6am Week 3 - Friday to Saturday 6am to 6pm, Monday to Tuesday 6pm to 6am
The Company: Our client is a company that supports healthcare professionals in over 100 countries in an effort to improve the lives of their patients. The company takes a pioneering approach to the design of advanced medical products and services by securing wider access to their diverse technologies for more customers globally and by enabling better outcomes for patients and healthcare systems. They hold leading positions in Orthopaedics Reconstruction, Wound Management and Sports Medicine to name a few.
Location: This role is located in Leamington Spa and easily commutable from Coventry, Rugby, Birmingham and Oxford. Their site is based a short distance from the A46 and is easily accessible for commuters using the M40 or railway.
The Role: The Machine Operator will carry out the following key duties:
- Be responsible for the processing and machining of high Quality medical devices following cellular manufacturing principles to strict regulatory guidelines.
- Be responsible for the setting & operating 5 axis CNC mill/turn & 2 axis CNC lathes in a high volume production environment and be conversant with Fanuc Controls.
- Operate manual machines which may include conventional lathes, mills, de-burr stations, flat lap and polishing machines, sphere lap and polishing machines, pillar drills and various standard machine shop equipment.
- CNC machine operation including producing medical devices on lathes or milling machine centres after set up with only tool and datum off-set changes permitted with no program adjustments.
Other duties will include:
- Understand and adhere to Quality & Engineering written specifications and procedures.
- Can perform quality inspection procedures on completed products using precision measuring equipment.
- Set and Operate 5 Axis CNC Turning Centre.
- Set and Operating of flat lap/polishing machines, sphere lap/polishing machines.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements (TPM), reporting machine breakdowns, calling for repairs in a timely fashion.
- Follow Standardised Working Procedures (SOP) ensuring components are manufactured to validated routings.
- Ability to obtain and maintain internal inspection stamp.
- Accurate maintenance of records including Manufacturing History Record Cards (MHRC), Daily and Weekly TPM and 5'S schedules.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment, operates other equipment as necessary after training and performs other duties as assigned.
Your Background: To be considered for this role you should have the following key skills, knowledge and experience:
- Be capable of working within a team environment, supporting production team to achieve daily targets.
- Hold a ONC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- Have proven and significant experience working in a Medical devices environment or high precision manufacturing environment.
- Have experience setting & operating 5 axis CNC mill/turn & 2 axis CNC lathes in a high volume production environment and be conversant with GE Fanuc Controls.
- Have basic knowledge of computers and software packages Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
Our client has takes pride in caring for their employees and as such provides free drinks and fruit throughout the working day with cakes often being bought in too! The site is a bright, airy, clean environment with large open spaces and break out areas to relax on your lunch break.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Julie Marshall on 01438 723500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44580 in all correspondence.