Maintenance Engineer - Sheffield
Emily Mills is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to join our waste management, environmental and recycling client based at their site in Sheffield, with travel expected to other sites, on a contract basis.
A leading UK waste and resource management company, our client is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Their aim is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future. The company's core business focuses on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. They have a number of core services including municipal services, business waste solutions, recycling and green energy.
Responsibilities of this position will include to:
- Provide routine and breakdown maintenance of process equipment including pumps, valves, compressors, gearboxes and motors so as to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Provide support for process development and site improvements including fabrication and installation of new equipment including pipeworks in steel, ABS or UPVC.
- Undertake ultrasonic thickness testing of equipment and interpret the results.
- Maintain records of work undertaken and of routine and exceptional inspections, testing and similar activities to allow the effective management of process equipment.
- Monitor the work of contractors undertaking maintenance or installation works.
- Be able to work in confined spaces with appropriate training and safety measures.
To succeed in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- ONC/HNC Engineering or maintenance.
- Practical knowledge of the maintenance pumps and similar equipment and of working in a process industry setting.
- Practical knowledge of welding.
- Practical knowledge of using forklifts.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457710 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45755 in all correspondence.