Manufacturing Process Engineer - Blackpool
CK Group is recruiting for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Blackpool on a contract basis for 6 months.
Our client has one of the world's most comprehensive portfolios of orthopaedic and neuro products and services for joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neuro, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Blackpool is a coastal resort on the Lancashire coast in North West England. The town is situated on the Irish Sea, 15 miles northwest of Preston, 27 miles north of Liverpool, 28 miles northwest of Bolton and 40 miles northwest of Manchester. Blackpool offers many attractions including Blackpool Tramway, Pleasure beach and Blackpool Tower.
Blackpool can be reached via the M55 from the M6 and there are local bus services which run from Preston, Lancaster, Nelson, Southport and Fleetwood.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer will define and deliver priority manufacturing and laboratory based technical projects from initiation through to delivery.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Lead small scale manufacturing and laboratory technical projects
- Support manufacturing projects as per company strategy
- Conduct investigations and execute project actions as part of the CAPA process
- Conduct project lab-based testing as required.
- Support execution of annual stability programme.
- Write protocols and reports for studies
- Co-ordinate own week to week workload in line with your project plans and departmental priorities and overall business framework.
- Develop intimate 'hands-on' knowledge of core business products
- Develop technical expertise in raw materials, in-process products and finished products.
- Adhere to the Change Control and Design Control requirements
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in compliance with all regulations and laws governing business and quality operations
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all local, national, international and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
To be considered for this role you should have the following key skills, knowledge and experience
- Scientific knowledge and experience
- Degree qualified - ideally science or engineering
- Other further education and work experience may be considered
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing engineering, manufacturing technical support, or a laboratory in either a company or academic environment.
- Some previous experience in medical device or related regulated industry desirable but not essential
- Previous experience of project management and leading of small projects
- Able to deal with constantly changing requirements and priorities
- To have the ability of numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and to be PC literate Desirable
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- A good knowledge of design control and change control
- Working knowledge and experience in the application of Lean / process excellence methodology for problem solving.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jenni on 01438 768 710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45979 in all correspondence.