Materials Testing Technician
CK Group are recruiting for a Materials Testing Technician to join a quality assurance provider company in the Oil & Gas industry at their site based in Manchester on a permanent.
The Company: Our client is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide which delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions.
Location: This Materials Testing Technician role is located in Manchester.
Materials Testing Technician Role: Your main duties will be:
- Performing corrosion testing to an acceptable standard and in accordance with established procedures.
- Preparation of test samples for testing projects. Such as cutting, drilling and polishing metallic and non-metallic samples.
- Maintaining accurate records of observations, calculations and oversight of sample tracking database.
- Preparation, maintenance and operation of a variety of testing equipment (for example autoclaves, pressure vessels, electronic devices etc...).
- Handling of chemicals required during testing in accordance with COSHH, and health and safety risk assessments.
Your Background: The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- 1 years' experience working in a materials testing laboratoryor environment.
- An educational background in corrosion, chemical, metallurgical, mechanical or materials engineering.
- Excellent hands on experience and comfortable working with power tools.
Apply: For more information or to apply for thisMaterials Testing Technician position, please contact Sajra Hameed on 01246 457712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 51233.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.