Mechanical Design Engineer - Leeds
CK Group is recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a company in the Medical Devices industry at their site based in on a 12 month contract basis.
The Company: Our client is a multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturing company who offer the worlds most comprehensive portfolio of orthopaedic and neuro products and services for joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neuro, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
The Location: The role is based at our client's state of the art R&D and production facility in Leeds. This site is a short distance from the M621 and is easily commutable on public transport as it is a short distance from Leeds city centre.The Role: The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for supporting the design and delivery of models, drawings and associated design verification, including functional and risk analysis activities, of medical devices developed as part of a time critical project.
Responsibilities include to:
- Interpret x-rays and Request Forms to determine patient and surgeon requirements.
Designs custom-made implants: o Create 3D CAD models using Unigraphics. o Create 2D drawings and X-ray templates.
Liaise with NPI workshop employees to ensure designs can be manufactured.
- Support NPI workshop employees throughout manufacture.
Your Background: To succeed in this role, you will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Qualified to minimum of HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, and Product Design, or with equivalent experience.
- Applied knowledge of high end 3D CAD systems.
- Hand calculation (Stress/Strain) and elementary FEA experience.
- Working knowledge of design standards and practices (ISO and ASME).
- Practical knowledge of General Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD & T).
- Experience of working in a highly regulated, quality systems oriented industry.
- Practical knowledge of GMP disciplines.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natasha Young on 01246 457 718 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45288 in all correspondence.