Mechanical Design Engineer - West Midlands
Emily Mills is recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a leading chemical and gas manufacturer at their site in Birmingham.
Our client is a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. They are present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3.5 million customers and patients.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is a member of the Engineering Department providing technical support to the Operations of the business. Assignment will be to support the Engineering Manager by:
- Carrying out design for Customer Installations
- Providing robust analysis and calculations for design validation
- Providing accurate design and documentation for the standardisation process The role will be also accountable for providing a comprehensive response to any associated external and internal queries coming from Customers
- Proved experience with PED and pressure equipment design
- Proved exposure to ASME BPVC, ASME B31.1 and ASME B31.3
- Proficient in stress analysis calculations, both hand calculations and software assisted
- Proficient Mechanical knowledge
Familiarity with thermodynamic calculations - heat exchange, refrigeration cycles, behaviour of real gases, cryogenic applications Familiar with 2D CAD
Proficient with MathCad and MS Access
- Proficient with 3D modeling software (Solidworks or Inventor)
- Proficient with FEA software (Simulator or Ansys)
- Proficient with Control Automation (eg. pneumatic automated valves and control panels)
- Knowledge of Lotus Approach will be also appreciated.
The company is offering a competitive salary for this permanent position.For more information or to apply for this Mechanical Design Engineer position, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457 710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45452 in all correspondence.