Mechanical Design Engineer
CK Group is recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Leeds on a contract basis for 12 months and has an hourly rate of up to £32.00 ph DOE.
Our client is a multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturing company who offer the worlds most comprehensive portfolio of orthopaedic and neuro products and services for joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neuro, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
The role is based at our client's state of the art R&D and production facility in Leeds. This site is a short distance from the M621 and is easily commutable on public transport as it is a short distance from Leeds city centre.
Will be working within the Custom-made devices team to contribute on the EU Medical Device Registration transition program and will be working with multiple teams within the business to ensure the project is delivered successfully.
- Provide support and communications applicable to the EU MDR program to ensure business partners are successful in implementation of EU MDR.
- Overall responsibility for the attainment of technical goals agreed in relation to project objectives with the appropriate level of guidance and within agreed deadlines.
- To provide assistance and aid in development of custom-made devices when required.
- Track and communicate sub-stream progress, risks, timelines, etc to team members, sponsors, decision makers and business partners.
- May be given responsibility as project lead for aspects of the overall program or maintenance of aspects of the program.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in engineering or science subject, with 4 years' experience in a relevant technical area. MSc/MEng/MBA is preferred.
- An understanding of commercial considerations and creative R&D ability is essential for the job holder.
- Experience with R&D processes and procedures is required.
- Experience with US and EU regulatory systems is preferred.
- Strong communication & presentation skills with an ability to interact with cross-functional and remote project teams is required.
- Proficient in MS Office (Project, Power Point, Excel, Word) is required.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information, please contact Julie on 01438 870011 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 47766 in all correspondence.