Mechanical Design Engineer
CK Technical are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a waste management company. This is a nationwide opportunity either home office based or from one of our client's regional offices.
Our client is the UK leader in Environmental Solutions. They offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management.
This is a nationwide opportunity either home office based or from one of our client's regional offices. UK travel and overnight stays will be needed as and when required.
Your main duties will be to:
- Translate and develop conceptual designs into turnkey projects to meet the functional and contractual specifications of secured orders.
- Produce specifications, calculations and undertake component selection.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that conceptual design and tender preparation documents are provided to meet the project timescales and necessary quality standards.
- Produce project specific installation specifications in order to obtain competitive installation quotations from local M&E contractors. This may include production of appropriate 2D and/or 3D drawings (Layouts, General Arrangements, and piping drawings).
- Liaise with Electrical Design Engineer in identifying the project requirements and on the development of the detailed design.
- Create project documentation such as Process Flow Diagrams, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams, Functional Design Specifications, technical specifications and equipment bill of materials and ensuring such documents are produced accurately and in the time frame requested.
- Provide design input into “new technologies” as and when required.
- A qualified engineer in the mechanical field with a good awareness of civil and electrical engineering and with experience of the energy industry particularly energy, power and utilities (steam raising, CHP, compressed air, chilled water, district energy network building services and HV & LV electrical).
- AutoCAD 2D and 3D competency.
- Hold a current full valid driving licence.
- An understanding of all aspects of the Combined Heat & Power industry and the interfaces necessary.For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457730 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47657 in all correspondence.TECHGEN