Mechanical Maintenance Technician - Duxford
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join a global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated chemicals on a permanent basis.
Our client's chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. They operate more than 100 manufacturing and R&D facilities in approximately 30 countries and employ approximately 15,000 associates within their 5 distinct business divisions.
As a Mechanical Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for planned and reactive mechanical maintenance within the chemical manufacturing environment.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Mechanical maintenance/installation of site processes & services.
- A level of electrical work to support mechanical maintenance.
- Complying with all relevant regulations and safety procedures.
- Maintenance / Fault finding / Repairs / installation to production plant, services and equipment, as well as testing of site safety systems. Ensuring compliance with the current pressure regulations and site safety regulations to current standards.
- Assist in the continuity of supply for utility services to the site.
- Maintain regulatory equipment for insurance inspection. Support the process to ensure that all inspections are carried out at set intervals.
- Ability to fabricate various parts and components using a wide range of materials and mechanical equipment.
- The Job Holder will have served a four year recognised mechanical apprenticeship, with a minimum of City and Guilds part 2 / NVQ level three qualifications.
- Proven work experience in a Maintenance Environment or equivalent.
- Ideally Chemical Sector experience, if not pharma, biochemical or equivalent experience within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management systems (e.g. SAP)
- Be aware of specialised safety aspects such as DSEAR / ATEX and Pressure Systems.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Alex Tosney on 01246 457718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC42206 in all correspondence.