George Truman is recruiting for a Mechanical Technician - Facilities Management to join a contract research organisation in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Hoddesdon on a permanent basis.
Our client's Hoddesdon site is a premier R&D space with a state of the art GMP facility for active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) development.
This role is located in Hoddesdon. The site is easily commutable from the areas surrounding North London and Stevenage.
Your main duties will be:
- Efficiently conduct corrective and routine mechanical maintenance activities including work generated on work requisition (non-urgent work jobs required by others on site) to meet service level agreements.
- Respond to emergency breakdowns.
- Ensure that maintenance schedules are kept up to date and that work is carried out in a timely manner.
- Work on small projects where required, including design / installation & commissioning or minor system (new or alterations).
- Raise orders for supplies as required.
- Constantly seek new, innovative and cost advantageous methods of completing the work without compromising safety or quality.
- Ensure all work is properly planned, documented to GxP requirements and entered correctly, in a timely fashion into the appropriate system (Maximo) and that accurate reports are generated.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the highest standards of safety and be proactive in addressing potential issues of hazard and risk and reporting such issues to management for prompt action.
- Liaise with all people that might be impacted by the work, affording them the opportunity where possible, to minimize disruptions and keeping them informed of progress and expected completion targets.
- Issuing of Permits
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Qualified journeyman in appropriate engineering/Mechanical discipline
- City & Guilds accredited.
- 4 years experience as multi mechanical apprenticeship.
- Knowledge of production processes, fault diagnosis and repair, plumbing and pipework, Boiler operations (gas), heating systems, HVAC, Pumps and valves, Use of Building Management System, Water systems covering compliance with L8 Regulations on cooling towers, R/O and softening plant plus trade effluent
- Good documentation and record keeping
- Excellent interpersonal skills and time management
- Ability to produce clear succinct reports
- Up-to-date with relevant industry advances and developments
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact George Truman on 01246 457 736 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46601 in all correspondence.