Mechanical Technician - Wiltshire
George Truman at CK Technical is recruiting for a Mechanical Technician to join a company in the energy solution industry on a permanent basis.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mechanical Technician, to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of the plant, equipment, and general maintenance and repair of site buildings at the direction of the Maintenance Team Manager.
Our client is a specialist designer, installer & operator of CHP, delivering energy efficiency to a wide range of applications including district heating. Their aim is to ensure their solutions exactly match their clients' and customers' needs, they have engineers, designers and software systems specialists that deliver the most appropriate technology based on world leading applications to produce cost efficient, sustainable and maintainable solutions.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Co-operate with site management to ensure site personnel, contractors and visitors comply with Company, Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Assist in developing plant and processes in order to improve environmental standards on site.
- Ensure that plant and equipment breakdowns are attended to in a timely manner in order that downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Co-operate with site management in actively promoting environmental awareness to employees, contractors and visitors, undertake inductions and issue work permits.
- Report any unsafe or defective plant, tools, equipment, PPE, practices, methods or other hazards
- Maintain the cleanliness of the equipment and environment that you are working in.
- Use and operate workshop facilities and equipment safely and in accordance with Company and Legal requirements.
- Assist in the upkeep and record keeping of spares and accessories, both in paper and electronic form.
- Assist site management and contractors in any commissioning trial on new treatment ideas or plant.
- A flexible approach to working times dependant on operational needs. Prepared to undertake routine operational tasks as required to cover periods of holiday, sickness or manning shortage.
To succeed in this role, you will have Mechanical Qualification preferably City & Guilds.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety.
- A background in water or wastewater would be an advantage.
- Full driving licence and willing to work within a large geographical area.
- Able to work without constant supervision and on own initiative.
- Computer literate, and have used computerised PPM schedules.
- Diagnostic and fault finding skills.
- Must be able to attain ministry of defence security clearance up to "Developed Vetting Standard", essential for this role.
- Electrical qualification desirable but not essential.
- Prepared to be developed as part of cross skilling strategy if required
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact George Truman on 01246 457736 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44593 in all correspondence.