Multiskilled Shift Technician - Harlow
Emily Mills is recruiting for a Multiskilled Shift Technician to join a speciality chemical manufacturer who are one of the worlds largest suppliers of emulsion polymers. This is a permanent role based in Harlow, Essex.
The Company: Our client is one of the worlds largest suppliers & manufacturers of speciality emulsion polymers to a wide range of industries. If you have ever read a book, painted your bathroom or driven a car the chances are you have used a product which has been improved by one of their scientists. This is a well established company with their first site having been constructed well over sixty years ago. After diversifying their product range and following on from global expansion and strategic acquisitions they now have offices in mainland Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Northern America.
Purpose of Job:
- To carry out routine and non-routine maintenance activities required and ensure they are executed in a safe, timely and consistent manner.
- To carry out breakdown and planned maintenance work as required by the Engineering Workshop Manager. This requires mechanical, electrical, instrumentation diagnostic and repair skills in accordance with competence experience and trained ability.
- To ensure all jobs are completed on time or left fully handed over in a safe manner.
- To ensure engineering best practices, quality and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- To ensure all work is electronically updated on the SAP system, and any associated paper documents are completed appropriately.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Carry out all allocated engineering work as allocated by the Workshop Manager or Production Team Leader (out of hours).
- Ensure all hard copy records are completed in accordance with systems and procedures.
- Carry out all routine maintenance activities to the appropriate engineering standards.
- Effectively diagnose and perform timely repairs, maximizing equipment availability.
- Be conversant with SHE policy and fully comply to the SHE standards and procedures.
- Ensure all maintenance work performed is carried out consistently to best engineering practices and regulatory requirements.
- To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate needs to be multi skilled (electrical and mechanical) or we are looking for 2 core mechanical and 1 core electrical.
- Be happy to do 70% mechanical work onsite.
- Must have an NVQ or apprenticeship in engineering or an engineering pathway.
The Benefits: This role offers an excellent salary, as well as private healthcare, pension scheme & a generous yearly bonus based upon company & personal performance.
For more information or to apply for this Multiskilled Shift Technician role please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457 710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC44079 in all correspondence.