NPD Project Engineer - Blackpool
Alex Tosney at CK Group is recruiting for an NPD Project Engineer to join a company in the Medical Devices industry at their site based in Blackpool on a 12 month contract basis.
The Company: Our client has one of the world's most comprehensive portfolio of orthopaedic and neuro products and services for joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neuro, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
The Location: The role is based at our client's site in Blackpool which is easily accessible by car via Junction 32 of the M6 or the M55 which will lead you almost to the beach. Blackpool train links include direct routes to Preston, East Lancashire, London, Manchester, Liverpool, York, Birmingham, Glasgow and Edinburgh. The Role: Primarily the NPD Project Engineer will be responsible for managing New Product Development project following the company Design Control procedures and Stage Gate project portfolio management system coordinating the activities of project core team activities to current and new regulations across a range of departments.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Assuming responsibility for understanding interim project goals and longer-term deadlines and the required interactions between departments.
- Delivering to agreed timescales in line with project plans with a high level of complexity in a changing environment and identification of resource gaps.
- Taking ownership of project risks to ensure they are targeted and communicated in a timely manner.
- Interacting with all levels of company management and, if needed, external experts.
- Taking ownership of a number of projects within a materials NPD area.
Your Background: To be considered for the role, you should have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Ability to project manage complex, changing projects within a pressured environment and communicate progress regarding the current project milestone.
- Background in material science (to ease of communication) preferred.
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline with applicable experience.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Alex on 01246 457 718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA44565 in all correspondence.