Packaging Process Development Engineer - Merseyside
I currently have a vacancy for a Packaging Process Development Engineer to join an insulation manufacturing company at their site based in Merseyside, on a full time permanent basis.
ISO 9001 accredited, the company works to continually improve the quality of products and services. The stay at the forefront of the industry by evaluating trends for new materials, technologies and systems and therefore identifying and developing new opportunities in order to maintain a lead. Reporting to the Process Support & Development Director, this person will be responsible for developing new packaging techniques and technology, as well as optimisation of the existing process & products. The company offers a salary in the range of £35-45,000pa depending on experience, as well as bonus and car. Please note up to 30% international travel will be involved in this role.
Location: Located in Merseyside, the site is easily commutable from Liverpool, Manchester, Cheshire and Lancashire.
Your main duties will be:
- Standardisation of packaging equipment and materials and implementation of best practice across all EU plants.
- Support of new plant / line start-ups.
- Develop the manufacturing process to reduce manufacturing costs, optimise product quality, increase throughput, or improve safety. This will involve running plant trials, the analysis and reporting of trial results and the implementation of any developments across the plants.
- Play an integral part in the packaging materials supply chain. This will involve close liaison with purchasing, the plants and external suppliers.
- Support new product development through development / optimisation of packaging techniques and materials relevant to the end application. This will involve working with internal/external customers to understand the needs required, and develop the technology/process to accommodate.
- Play a leading role in the development of new technologies in collaboration with colleagues from other areas of the insulation business.
- Liaise with plant people at all levels to implement process controls and devise methods of assessment of the production process.
- Investigate new methods of manufacture, apply alternative technologies where possible, consider and trial new ways of working.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering or materials science - 2.1 or above preferred.
- Proven industrial experience - essential - in an area of process development/ optimisation.
- Experience with Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing techniques - essential.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques - essential - with knowledge of statistical software desirable (Minitab / JMP).
- Ability to work alone & self-motivation - essential.
- Excellent problem solving / analytical skills.
- Some experience with project management.
- Ideally some experience with CAD.
- Driving licence.
- Willingness/ability to travel.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC43742 in all correspondence.