Emily Mills at CK Technical is recruiting for a Principal Engineer to join a company in the Production and Integrity Assurance industry at their site based in Manchester on a permanent basis.
Our client is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. They deliver innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. The P&IA team are focused on the areas of corrosion and materials consultancy, specialised testing, production chemistry, corrosion management and monitoring.
The role is based at our client's site in Trafford Park, in Manchester which is easily commutable from most areas of the city.
The Role: The main focus of the Principal Engineer is accountability as Subject Matter Expert. The role has significant project management responsibility encompassing responses to enquiries, preparing tenders and cost estimates, overseeing contract negotiations with client companies, project delivery and reporting. The successful candidate will be expected to develop project plans, determine priorities and supervise other project staff.
Other responsibilities include:
- Materials Selection.- Corrosion & Management.
- Auditing existing systems and conducting corrosion risk assessments, materials adequacy audits and reviewing/recommending corrosion control and monitoring requirements.
- The ideal candidate will be able to conduct corrosion risk assessments based upon statistical modelling and uncertainty principles.
- Corrosion Control Design: Selection, design and specification of corrosion control measures including, material selection, chemical treatment requirements, coating selection and specification and cathodic protection, specification and related troubleshooting.
- Candidates need to be experts in the field of corrosion and integrity management with a strong academic background and extensive industrial experience with oil and gas operators or engineering contractors.
- A postgraduate or professional qualification in a corrosion related subject would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable ability to develop new opportunities for P&IA.
- Fully proficient in both spoken and written English, with exceptional report writing skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Emily Mills on 01246 457710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46726 in all correspondence.