Process Project Engineer - Letchworth
George Truman at CK Technical is recruiting for a Process or Project Engineer to join a company in the Automotive industry at their site based in Letchworth on a permanent basis.
Our client is a British manufacturer of a premium range of vehicle care and valeting products, which are sold in over 45 countries. As the holder of two Royal Warrants our products are used by enthusiasts and professionals and include customers such as vehicle manufacturers, major high street retailers, car dealerships, distributors, professional valeting companies and transport operators.
The role is based at our client's site in Letchworth which is easily commutable from Bedford and Stevenage.
The main purpose of the role will be:
- Improving Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Minimising process waste through optimisation of material, energy and labour usage.
- Working with the operations team and to develop understanding and use of lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Implementation and management of capital and process projects to improve performance, cost, quality and health & safety within operations.
- Manage implementation of projects from beginning to end, ensuring that the project runs efficiently, on schedule and to agreed budget. Effectively communicate project progress to stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring new and existing processes comply with current safety standards (e.g., HAZOP, FMEA, Machinery Risk assessments, DSEAR, CDM).
- Work with suppliers and manufacturing team to ensure training material, operating and maintenance documentation and support programs which include TPM and training needs meet the company's needs for successful equipment handover.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Previous engineering experience within a manufacturing process environment.
- Experience delivering continuous process improvements.· Experience in project management capacity and in delivering capital projects within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of using Lean principles to improve operational effectiveness.
- A flexible, self-motivated and customer focused outlook.
This is a full time, permanent position working Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. Offering a competitive salary plus attractive rewards and benefits.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact George Truman on 01246457736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44632 in all correspondence.