Process Safety Manager - Birmingham
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Process Safety Manager to join a leading chemical manufacturer based in Birmingham. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a specialist gasses and technology company on a permanent basis at their head office. Please note that this role will require an extensive amount of travel nationally / internationally.
This vacancy is offering a base salary in the range of £50,000pa to £55,000pa depending on experience.
As a Process Safety Manager you will be responsible for management of process safety for production plants within the UK and the provision of expert risk assessment services to the UK business to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Interfaces with SHEQ manager, and Management team to ensure compliance across the Business with Regulatory and Internal/ IMS standards for safety matters.
- Takes appropriate action to ensure that activities causing immediate danger are stopped.
- Undertakes regular safety inspections to ensure compliance
- Develops safe systems of work and leads investigation of accidents and incidents
- Ensures action plans in place to address identified non compliance, and to ensure that the company meets obligations of any SLA's with internal or external customers
- Acts as Industrial Risk Management Representative and leads process risk analysis using HAZOP, HAZID,FMEA and internal tools
- Works with facility managers and primary production team to ensure that necessary improvements are identified and actioned to maintain regulatory compliance and continuous improvement in process safety
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Degree or equivalent in Chemical or Engineering related subject
- NEBOSH or IOSH Qualified (CMIOSH preferred)
- Experience in assessing process risks from chemical production plants or industrial gases production plants
- Detailed knowledge of UK Health and Safety regulations including COMAH
- Experience within the oil and gas industry on COMAH lower tier sites
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Alex Tosney on 01246 457718 or email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference TC41260 in all correspondence.