Process Technical Specialist - Brinny, Cork
Lucy Stendall is recruiting for a Process Technical Specialist to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Brinny on a 12 month contract basis.
Our client has a long history of pushing the boundaries of science in order to help fight some the worlds most urgent global health challenges. This role is based at a state of the art biologics operation where they formulate and fill vaccines and biologic products.
The role, will be working at our clients site in Brinny which is situated in Cork in South West Ireland. The site is just 30 minutes drive from the centre of Cork and is accessible by bus too.
The role will involve providing technical & equipment support to the Vaccines Integrated Process Team (IPT). You will ensure on-going optimization of the process and manufacturing support to ensure the continued manufacture and supply of quality pharmaceutical products in meeting our Manufacturing Division Priorities of: Compliance, Supply, Strategy and Profit Plan.
As a Process Technical Specialist you will work with the IPT team to ensure the effective and efficient on-time delivery of batch production within the IPT area. This requires the delivery of process excellence and reliability across all areas of the IPT This role may require you to work shift.
- Lead and participate in problem solving teams across all areas of the IPT (e.g. reliability, Safety, Quality (e.g.CAPA/DN/MDNs etc).
- Lead and close process related deviations and reports.
- Support Operations team to consistently deliver on specific area Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), e.g. EHS metrics, Production Plan, OEE, compliance and team training.
- Provide frontline technical EHS support & coaching to the operational team and be first point of contact for safety related concerns (e.g. Entropy actions/MOC/Permits/Risk assessments).
Protocol/report authoring/execution/oversight/approval as appropriate Ensure highest Quality, Compliance and Safety standards.
Participate and comply with the Manufacturing Division Quality Management Systems (QMS) requirements, including ownership, as relevant.
- Provide ongoing coaching and support to cross functional team members, to share process, engineering and maintenance best practices.
- Provide coaching and development to all technicians within the IPT.
- Tactical Implementation & Support for reliability equipment initiatives.
- Ensure supply of high quality product through ensuring equipment availability; maximize team member performance through continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Provide technical, process and engineering expertise within a wide range of projects within the IPT, such as the introduction of new equipment and process's.
- Author/approve Change controls and MIDAS documents as appropriate
Your Background: To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- 5 years experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment in a technical or manufacturing support role.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Lean Six Sigma and Lean methodologies, with an understanding of regulatory and validation requirements.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt desirable.
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment, such as project teams, Lean Six Sigma team, etc.
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders.
- Level 8 honors degree in a science or engineering discipline.
- 5 years Engineering/Technical experience within a GMP Environment preferred.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Lucy Stendall on 01246 457733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained. CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44684 in all correspondence.