Procurement Category Manager Purchased Finished Goods - Humber
CK Group is recruiting for an Procurement Category Manager Purchased Finished Goods to join a global company in the healthcare industry at their site based in Hull on a contract basis for 6 months.
Our client is a company that supports healthcare professionals in over 100 countries in an effort to improve the lives of their patients.
Hull is a port city in East Yorkshire, is named as the UK's City of Culture 2017. The city is at the eastern end of the M62 and can be easily accessed from the rest of the UK motorway network.
The role holder will be responsible for directly managing the Advanced Wound Devices (AWD) category of spend in the Purchased Finished Goods portfolio. The AWD portfolio predominantly includes various electromechanical devices and wound dressings. They role holder will work within and support in the continuous development of the category strategy and provide support to the Procurement Director to assist in the execution of the overall strategy and delivery of the objectives for the procurement team
- Responsible for the strategic management of key outsourced finished product spend, encompassing a diverse product range of medical devices
- Formulating, developing and implementing procurement strategies designed to meet the requirements of numerous contrasting global markets including a prioritised pipeline of tactical projects incorporating cost reduction, quality improvement, new product development and sustainability
- Liaising with heads of disparate global sites, divisions and functions to ensure that business needs and strategies are understood, areas of common spend are identified and joint strategies are implemented
- Developing and maintaining a pipeline of procurement savings initiatives, supplier consolidation strategies and value chain improvement solutions
- Leading and co-ordinating central and international legal teams to develop innovative and robust contracts with global outsourced manufacturers, enabling entrance into new markets and launching of new products
- Responsible for supplier relationship and performance management including the measurement and improvement of supply, product quality and lead time, ensuring strict compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice and Quality Management System standards, specifically relating to FDA, ISO9001 and ISO13485
- Provide commercial expertise to internal customers during the processes of identification, understanding, prioritisation and management of risk with respect to the procurement of goods and services within the category.
- Coaching and educating the team in strategic sourcing, procurement best practice and lean methodologies
- Designing and overseeing the continuous improvement of processes and tools used to manage the outsourced operations function, enhancing capability, improving service and reducing waste
- Provide procurement expertise to all relevant functional departments as appropriate
- Apply high standards of occupational Health & Safety in the workplace to comply with company policy and procedures.
- Graduate level. MCIPS desirable
- Minimum 3-5 years Procurement experience
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Experience working in a matrix structure
- Extremely well developed influencing, negotiation and communication skills
- Strong time management and personal organisation skills· Team leadership and teamwork skills for cross-functional activity
- Global Distribution and Supply Chain knowledge an advantage
- Adept at developing and implementing sourcing strategies
- Excellent analytical skills
For more information or to apply for the position, please contact Abbi Carmody on 01246 457708 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45449 in all correspondence.