Programme Manager/Project Manager
Keir Betts at CK Technical is recruiting for a Programme Manager/Project Manager to join an Engineering Solutions company at their site in Staffordshire on a full time permanent basis with a competitive salary on offer.
You will be responsible for coordinating a Key Account as a Project Manager. This includes management of all aspects of assigned projects, liaising with the client, project team members, and senior management to meet both customer and company expectations.
Your main duties will be to:
- Take a verbal and/or written brief from a client and ensure that the assignments are well-managed as design and construction projects along the EPCM guidelines, following stage gate project management throughout the process.
- Work directly as the Project Manager for projects, and/or managing other PM's to deliver projects for the end client.
- Provide project governance and reporting across multiple active projects within the client project portfolio.
- Liaise with the Client and provide engineering design and management solutions that will enable our clients to focus on their business needs whilst allowing this PM role to focus on the engineering delivery.
- Plan and manage the design, specification, procurement and construction phases of multi-disciplined engineering projects liaisng with employer project teams, client personnel and trade suppliers.
- Management of project interfaces between technical, operational & senior management work streams and acting as the Project lead.
- Definition of project scope and deliverables that support business requirements for the capital investment programme.
- Planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting project timelines using appropriate tools to meet critical milestones.
- Managing commercial and contractual aspects of projects; including competitive tendering and contract negotiations.
- Proactive management of change in project scope, identifying potential risks to delivery, cost or schedule, and devising contingency plans. Validation of delivered project scope versus requirements.
- Prepare steering meeting/governance meeting reports and delivery of these to the senior management team of the client organisation.
- Liaise with CDM co-ordinator regarding on-going design.
- Co-ordinate work so as to ensure the health and safety of construction workers.
- Prepare project status and financial reports and delivery of these to the senior management team.
- Communicate with internal and external agencies, staff, customers, management and peers.
- Identify additional business development opportunities with the client and develop relationships.
- Ensure that the Corporate Values are actively promoted and implemented at all times.
- A high degree of computer literacy - email, Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Ability to write detailed reports, minutes of meeting, cost tracking and scheduling reports, critical path plans, project/governance reporting, project risk register.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and proven team working experience.
- Business Development - Manage the sales opportunities from Key Accounts.
- Proven effective communication skills.
- Proven leadership, people and management skills.
- An understanding of multi-disciplined engineering projects ie mechanical, electrical, automation & civil engineering disciplines.
- Experience as a Project Manager, with specific experience in FMCG or related manufacturing industry.
- Contract management and knowledge of common contract types (IMechE, FIDIC, NEC, JCT, IChemE etc.).
- Professional qualification (degree, HND, HNC etc).
- Experience in delivering projects under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007.
- Networking skills.
- Car owner/driver.
- Recognised Project Management Qualification.
- IOSH Managing Safely/NEBOSH General Certificate/NEBOSH Construction Certificate.
- Other language skills.
- Experience of delivering projects in the Food, Drink, Brewing or Life Sciences Sector.
- Industry market knowledge.
- Full clean licence.
- Salary: Competitive.
- Monthly Car allowance.
- 23 days holiday.
- Health insurance.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Keir Betts on 01246 457 737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46465 in all correspondence.