Project Development Engineer - National
George Truman at CK Technical is recruiting for a Project Development Engineer to join a company in the Waste Management industry on a permanent basis. This will be a national role but will based out of the nearest office in the North West.
Our client is the UK leader in Environmental Solutions. They offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management helping to build a more sustainable future. As a global organisation, their work focuses on delivering simple but innovative solutions to preserving natural resources, reducing pollution and protecting our environment.
The main purpose of the role will be to develop energy generation and distribution solutions (CHP, Steam, LTHW, Chilled Water, District Energy, …) that meet customer requirements for resilience, performance and optimise life cycle cost.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to build strong and productive relationships both internally and externally to support business growth, including identifying viable opportunities for new works and cross-selling where possible.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Business Development and Operations teams to lead the development of projects for energy generation and distribution plant including technical/commercial feasibility, options assessment and cost evaluation, outline programme and resource plan, project risk assessment, stakeholders/peer reviews, the compilation of proposal and analysis of bid returns.
- Customer facing role to develop trusting and constructive relationships and gather information about needs, site constraints, key drivers, carbon credentials, site energy strategies.
- Lead the concept design exercise considering site demands, local constraints and best available technology.
- Engage with all the various stakeholders that will impact on the solution: DNO, Gas supplier, EA, Planning, equipment suppliers, M&E contractor.
- Coordinate support from our in-house specialist functions (Energy Markets, Supply Chain, Legal, Finance, Risk Management & Insurance).
- Compile scope of work and gather relevant technical specifications that will help suppliers and contractors provide reliable quotations. Coordinate site contractors site visits.
- Prepare a project procurement strategy.
- Prepare project business cases and present them to a senior management Investment Committee.
To succeed in this role, you will be a qualified engineer in the mechanical field with good awareness of civil and electrical engineering and with experience of the energy industry particularly energy, power and utilities (steam raising, CHP, compressed air, chilled water and District Energy Network). You will be able to articulate complex technical concepts and commercial considerations.
- You will have a track record in developing concept designs, evaluating project risks, estimating the cost and producing proposals for energy generating plant.
- The successful candidate will have a good understanding of thermal processes and relevant British Standards and Codes of Practice, in the fields of steam, hot water, heat exchanger, hydraulics, pressure losses to lead design reviews. You will have strong health and safety knowledge to cultivate the "think safe, work safe, home safe" culture.
- The candidate is expected to be commercially astute with experience of costing models and estimation with a creative and solution oriented thinker with technical optioneering experience in a client facing capacity.
- The ideal candidate would be an experienced Project Manager with excellent resource planning skills who is capable of leading the development and negotiation of contract terms.
Everyone is offered the opportunity to reach their full potential through our client's training and development programmes. You can look forward to receiving a great package of benefits to enhance your salary also.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact George Truman on 01246 457736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44956 in all correspondence.