Project Engineer - Blackpool
Jennifer Woolley is recruiting for a Project Engineer to join a company in the Medical Devices industry at their site based in Blackpool on a 12 month contract basis.
Our client has one of the world's most comprehensive portfolio of orthopaedic and neuro products and services for joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neuro, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
The role is based at our client's site in Blackpool which is easily accessible by car via Junction 32 of the M6 or the M55 which will lead you almost to the beach. Blackpool train links include direct routes to Preston, East Lancashire, London, Manchester, Liverpool, York, Birmingham, Glasgow and Edinburgh.The Role:
The purpose of the role is to manage New Product Development project following the company Design Control procedures and Stage Gate project portfolio management system coordinating the activities of project core team activities to current MDD and new MDR regulations across a range of departments from R&D, Regulatory, Marketing, Labelling, Packaging, Medical, Clinical, Engineering and Operations. Manage Design Control changes to documentation
Key duties include:
- Assume responsibility for understanding interim project goals and longer-term deadlines and the required interactions between departments.
- Delivering to agreed timescales in line with project plans with a high level of complexity in a changing environment and identification of resource gaps.
- Take ownership of project risks to ensure they are targeted and communicated in a timely manner.
- Interact with all levels of company management and, if needed, external experts.
- Verify own work through DePuy's systems.
- Liaise with and supervise vendors contracted to supply design and development information and activities to related to the project and company.
- Working as part of a Global Project Core Team with its inherent communication and cultural challenges.
- Background in material science (to ease of communication) preferred.
- Able to assimilate information quickly.
- Preferred - project management background.
- Required - ability to project manage complex, changing projects within a pressured environment and communicate progress regarding the current project milestone.
- Highly Computer Literate.
- Willing to work in virtual teams
- Can track tasks within a project
- Can manage and communicate change.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jenni on 01438 768 710 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45525 in all correspondence.